Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to monitor the selected value of a Data Validation list

Hi, I want to be able to dynamically check which value a user select in
a dropdown list and automatically change the value of another cell.

Also, where in the project should I put the code? Should it be in
"ThisWorkBook" or "SheetSet"?

I am using Excel 2000.

Thanks for any answers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
not sure what you mean by "check whick value a user select" but getting the
value in a cell is easy.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Range("F3").Value = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub
put the code in in the combo box. Right click the combo box, click view code.

regards
FSt1