Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sumif or sumproduct range

I've been all around and tried many suggestions but still can't make this work.

Looking at one column of numbers on a separate worksheet that should be
greater than 29 but less than 50, and if they meet this criteria I want the
sum of another column of numbers on the separate worksheet added.

I've tried
sumproduct(--active!$P:$P29)*--(active!$P:$P<50),active!$g2:$g200)

it returns #NUM! as an answer

I have double checked and there are no errors or text entered in the G column
--
Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This gives a total, but not a correct one.

It's almost as if the formula is reading everything greater than 29 add
p2:p200, and then everything less than 50 add p2:p200 rather than as a
combined statement before adding G. The answer is at least 4 times as much
as it should be.

I'm needing the P: colmun filtered down to anything between the range of 30
and 50 before G is calculated.
--
Lori