-   -   Read-only protection on Excel Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345386-read-only-protection-excel-worksheet.html)

Stumpiana

Read-only protection on Excel Worksheet

When automating Excel, I am unable to edit an excel worksheet that contains a
graphic image, but as long as there is no image, it is editable. Running
Excel outside of my program I can edit the worksheet with no problem. Any
ideas as to what might be preventing this? Could it be a macro security
setting or cell protection issue? Any suggestions for avenues to explore
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stumpiana

Nigel

Read-only protection on Excel Worksheet

It might be that the Image is being selected by the program and this might
prevent other actions from taking place?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Stumpiana" wrote in message
When automating Excel, I am unable to edit an excel worksheet that

contains a
graphic image, but as long as there is no image, it is editable. Running
Excel outside of my program I can edit the worksheet with no problem. Any
ideas as to what might be preventing this? Could it be a macro security
setting or cell protection issue? Any suggestions for avenues to explore
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stumpiana

Stumpiana

Read-only protection on Excel Worksheet

Nigel,

If the Image was being selected by my program, would it mean that I would
have to have specific code to select this image, or might it happen
unintentionally?

Thanks, Stumpiana