Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 question

I don't know if it is possible but need to eliminate or hide this. Th
customer has imported several sheets from a previous workbook and i
keeps wanting to ask questions with this popup. How can I program i
to not show this popup and automaticly continue with the workbook?
can't seem to attach the image to this so you can see it but it say
something like This workbook contains links to other data source
Update or don't Update. The links are not necessary. It was just a
import of several sheets. They need not to be linked to the ol
workbook.

This is the first time in this forum so I don't know how to attach a
image.

Thanks for any and all help.

Maybe I figured out how to upload the image :) If not I hope m
question is enough

|Filename: Image1.gif
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4029

Tailgu
Tailgun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2868
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48396

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This utility makes it easy to find links and convert them to values:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...e=FindLink.zip

--
Jim
"Tailgun" wrote in

| I don't know if it is possible but need to eliminate or hide this. The
| customer has imported several sheets from a previous workbook and it
| keeps wanting to ask questions with this popup. How can I program it
| to not show this popup and automaticly continue with the workbook? I
| can't seem to attach the image to this so you can see it but it says
| something like This workbook contains links to other data sources
| Update or don't Update. The links are not necessary. It was just an
| import of several sheets. They need not to be linked to the old
| workbook.
|
| This is the first time in this forum so I don't know how to attach an
| image.
|
| Thanks for any and all help.
|
| Maybe I figured out how to upload the image :) If not I hope my
| question is enough.
|

| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
||Filename: Image1.gif |
||Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4029 |
| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|
| --
| Tailgun
| Tailgun's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483966

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks allot Jim it really did what I wanted it to do. I can't thank you
enough.

--
Tailgun
Tailgun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28689

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the the VBE project window highlight "ThisWorkBook" of the workbook that
the data will be loaded into. In the code window change the Object from
(General) to Workbook and Procedure from (Declarations) to Open. Enter the
following code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open( )

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

End Sub

Next save the file. Close it. The next time you reopen the file Enable the
Macro and pull in new worksheets. The dialogue box you mentioned should not
appear. Please let me know if it works.

Note: Make sure your Excel security is set to Medium.
Tools--Macro--Security If the security is set to HIGH, then all macros
turned off. You only have to set the security once.

This link may help: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259971