Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Binary sorting?

Hello!

In VBA I can set an option compare to binary in order to compare
strings
case sensitive. With that option set, "a" and "A" are treated as
different
values ("A" < "a")
But if I use the sort method with MatchCase:=True the sort order is "a"
<
"A" !

What I need is compare mode and sort mode to behave according to the
same
order of characters/strings.

Is there a way around this? Can I sort binary? Or am I missing
something else?

Any help is appreciated

Herbert Becker

--
Roderick
Roderick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13981

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not with the built in sort function. You would have to write your own.

Tom Ogilvy

"Roderick" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Binary NOT? Mark Scott[_3_] Excel Worksheet Functions 4 January 24th 10 09:21 PM
binary sort? Herbert Excel Programming 2 November 10th 05 07:55 AM
Solver returns non binary answer in binary constrained cells Navy Student Excel Worksheet Functions 6 September 1st 05 03:11 PM
Binary operations (left/right shift, binary and/or, etc.) Mike Hodgson Excel Programming 4 June 17th 05 09:27 AM
Binary Files Jenny Excel Programming 1 September 20th 04 08:42 PM