Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default without opening excel i want to save the excel in some specified location

Hi All,

Through vb iam populating some data from database and that data iam
placing in excel by clicking the one button in vb application.

But for me I don't want to open the excel file when I click on the
button. I want to place the excel file with data when I click on the
button in some specific path(example - C:\Program Files\Admin
folder\test.xls)

After placing the path it should display one message "please refer your
test.xls file from C:\Program Files\Admin folder”

While clicking on the button it should not display the excel file. That
should restrict.
Please help me on this

Regards,
Amar...

--
areddy
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not use

application.ScreenUpdating = False
' code that opens, populates the file, saves it to the appropriate
location and closes it
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
msgbox "please refer your test.xls file from C:\Program Files\Admin folder"

Tom Ogilvy

"areddy" wrote in
message ...