Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using excel in .NET

I am currently using OWC9 in my VB.Net app to graph data, but it seems very
clunky.

I create a chart space and a spreadsheet object.
Then populate the spreadsheet object with data (using CSVData as can't
access cells after row 712)
Then set series to appropriate cells.

It works but has limits. I can't plot 2 types of series (scatter line & bar)
on the same chart.

I can't have 2 y-axis with 1 series using 1 and a second using 2. Creating
the axis is OK.

Is this the best way to use Excel charts in VB.Net or is there some other way!

The apps data is being updated every 15s so graph is changing. The data is
coming from multiple databases.
--
Thanks

Dave R
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know there is a difference, but I was trying to get the idea of what I
wanted. I want the Excel features to be used in .Net, at the moment I use OWC
which I see as providing the most, but there are a few missing so was hoping
for some ideas.

--
Thanks

Dave R

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

Not that this necessarily helps you but XL and OWC are very different
animals. Have you checked msdn.microsoft.com for more on what you want
to do?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions