Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zoo Zoo is offline

Default How to show a progress bar in sheet calculation?

Excel shows "Calculating cells **%" in the statusbar while calculating.

I want to show my own progress bar instead of that while sheet calculation.
Does any one know how to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zoo,

See John Walkenbach at:

Look also in VBA help for the StatusBar property.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Zoo" wrote in message
Excel shows "Calculating cells **%" in the statusbar while calculating.

I want to show my own progress bar instead of that while sheet
calculation.
Does any one know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zoo Zoo is offline

Thank you , Norman.

The URL helps me to understand how to display a progress bar
I have one thing to know. That is how to calculate the percentage.
The URL shows me how to display a progress bar in a single subroutine.
But I want to display that in muliple functions in multiple cells.

eg. Every cell in Range("A1:J100") (=1000cells) has formula " =Test()".
And Function Test() is declared in module1.
When Test() is called from A1 , B2, or C3 and so on,
I want to display how many cells in Range("A1:J100") have been
calculated.

In other words, I want to know how to get how many cells are already
calculated.

Sorry for my poor English.

"Zoo" wrote in message
Excel shows "Calculating cells **%" in the statusbar while calculating.

I want to show my own progress bar instead of that while sheet
calculation.
Does any one know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zoo,

I want to display how many cells in Range("A1:J100") have
been calculated.

Although Excel can display recalculation statistics in the status bar, I am
not aware that this information is accessible from VBA.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Zoo" wrote in message
Excel shows "Calculating cells **%" in the statusbar while calculating.

I want to show my own progress bar instead of that while sheet
calculation.
Does any one know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zoo Zoo is offline