Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combo box using input range

I have a spreadsheet with a header row followed by several rows of data. I
want to add a combo box item so that users can select a sub-set of the column
headings and then run a macro to sort by this selection

e.g row 1 has A1= head1 A2=head2 A3=head3 A4=head4

I want to add a combo box to offer head1 and head4 as sort options, I am
using the forms toolbar and enter the combo box OK and can assign a sort
macro OK but when I try and use A1,A4 as the input range I get "reference is
not valid" error message. the input range only seems to work if it is in
column order not row order. As my headings already exist I wanted to use
those as the input fields into the combo box. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about an alternative?

Debra Dalgliesh has some code that allows you to click an invisible rectangle
floating over that column's header to sort by that column.

http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

--

Dave Peterson