Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selection.PasteSpecial with Office 2003

Hi Newsgroup

I have the following VBA-Code in an Excel-Sheet to copy from the clipboard:

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

That works good, but after the change to Office 2003 i have a performance
problem
with the Selection.PasteSpecial.

Have anyone an idea to make it fast?

Thanks and greetings
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

In order to copy and paste a range, it need not be selected.
This should improve performance.

Sub test()
Range("a1").Copy
Range("b1").PasteSpecial xlValues
End Sub

"Andreas Szabo" wrote:

Hi Newsgroup

I have the following VBA-Code in an Excel-Sheet to copy from the clipboard:

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

That works good, but after the change to Office 2003 i have a performance
problem
with the Selection.PasteSpecial.

Have anyone an idea to make it fast?

Thanks and greetings
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't see anything in your snippet of code that would cause a slowdown.

Maybe you added a worksheet event that fires when you make a change and the
paste special causes that to fire...

application.enableevents = false
'your code to paste
application.enableevents = true