-   -   XLA add-in Abort load on Auto_Open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344399-xla-add-abort-load-auto_open.html)

Gene McCrory

XLA add-in Abort load on Auto_Open

Is there a way to Abort load of an XLA add-in in its Auto_Open or similar
subroutine.

XLA will contain version information. If user is not using the latest
version determined by a function, I want the load/AddinInstall Aborted.
Currently, I use Auto_Open subroutine to call my version check function, but
do not see a way to Abort the Auto_Open or load of the add-in.

Jim Rech

XLA add-in Abort load on Auto_Open

I think you can abort the load simply by having the workbook/add-in close
itself:

ThisWorkbook.Close False

--
Jim