Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML Mappings to VBA

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to map xml tags to controls like Checkboxes,Comboboxes in
excel. I want to extract the data into xml.

Another thing is I have this huge project where I have to convert an online
wb app into an offline excel app. Are there any black spots i need to be
aware of?

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Koketso,

Is there a way to map xml tags to controls like Checkboxes,Comboboxes in
excel. I want to extract the data into xml.

Not directly, but you can set the controls' linked cell so it writes its
values to a cell, then map that cell to an xml tag.

Another thing is I have this huge project where I have to convert an online
wb app into an offline excel app. Are there any black spots i need to be
aware of?

I guess that depends on the design of the web app. If it uses lots of complex
web services, you might struggle to consume them through the Excel web
services toolkit.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Web app is a financial web app..I don't utilize any webservices. It's
tjust that it has 55 parts to it the web app...So i was wondering if excel
can handle that complexity without crashing?

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Koketso,

The Web app is a financial web app..I don't utilize any webservices. It's
tjust that it has 55 parts to it the web app...So i was wondering if excel
can handle that complexity without crashing?

Excel can certainly handle that much - the rest depends on how well you code
it <g.