Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB to print one sheet twice, double-sided?

It's a strange request, perhaps, but I keep coming across this problem:
special forms I have need to be printed double-sided. What I've done all
these years is to request that the sheet be printed X-number of times and
then I turn the printed forms over and put them in the manual input tray and
send the print job again for the same number of copies as just printed. It
would be so neat if I could just click on the button that says, "print 10
copies double-sided" or whatever.

Is this even possible, though? I've thought through other solutions but
everything I've come up with just wouldn't work, I believe (i.e., having 2
copies of the same sheet. I've never figured out how to get 2 sheets to
print one one side, and the other on the flip side!). No, the very best
solution would be to somehow get XL2K to send the job twice but print the
job double-sided. Must admit that I've also tried sending the job 2 and
double-printed but XL2K didn't like that and nothing short of the manual way
above has ever worked.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:50:41 -0500, "StargateFanFromWork"
wrote:

[...]

Can this be done, or am I wishing for the impossible? <g

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So the form is identical on both sides?

Maybe you could just duplicate the data and then print it back to back.

One way that might make it easier for updates:

Select the range that encompasses the form
edit|copy
Select a cell below that range
shift edit|paste picture link

Now when you update the real form, the picture will update, too.

(Remember to add a page break where you need it.)

--

Dave Peterson