Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default blinking text

Dear All,

That's beyond my capabilities and although I was trying to figure it out
during the weekend I have no idea ;-(

In cell A1 I have text 'Lucas'. I would like to make it blinking (let's say
5 times) while opening the worksheet for the 1st time.

Any idea how to program it?

Thx, lucas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As I understand it, blinking text does not meet federal requirements for
handicapped access. I can't find the specific code, but I believe it can
cause issues for people with cognitive problems. Why do you want cell A1
to blink when the document is opened?

"lucas" wrote in message
Dear All,

That's beyond my capabilities and although I was trying to figure it out
during the weekend I have no idea ;-(

In cell A1 I have text 'Lucas'. I would like to make it blinking (let's
say
5 times) while opening the worksheet for the 1st time.

Any idea how to program it?

Thx, lucas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Blinking text is frowned up by most users as unduly distracting.
However, if you must use blinking text, see
www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"lucas" wrote in message
Dear All,

That's beyond my capabilities and although I was trying to
figure it out
during the weekend I have no idea ;-(

In cell A1 I have text 'Lucas'. I would like to make it
blinking (let's say
5 times) while opening the worksheet for the 1st time.

Any idea how to program it?

Thx, lucas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies!

I'm creating a template and wanna present 2 solutions: 1 with blinking, 2nd
without and let people choose which one they prefer.

lucas

"lucas" wrote in message
Dear All,

That's beyond my capabilities and although I was trying to
figure it out
during the weekend I have no idea ;-(

In cell A1 I have text 'Lucas'. I would like to make it
blinking (let's say
5 times) while opening the worksheet for the 1st time.

Any idea how to program it?

Thx, lucas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NOTE however, that blinking cells in a government application in the US
may be a violation of section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
(they can trigger epileptic seizures)