Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Geek Help Needed

Okay....I'm TOTALLY new to this type of use for Excel (see USER NAME). I
need somebody to tell me if it is possible to have information from a
page like this:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...-2005/ats.html

Into an excel file on my laptop. The information on that page will be
updated, in some cases, on a daily basis and I would like the
information in the excel file to reflect this.

The information from this page that I am specifically interested in is
under the ATS, W/L, and O/U categories.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
BrandNewToThis
BrandNewToThis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28439

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DATA Import Extrernal Data New Web Query

input the URL, check the tag for tha table on the site

select a cell for the top left corner of hte table

to refresh.....DataRefresh

"BrandNewToThis" wrote:

Okay....I'm TOTALLY new to this type of use for Excel (see USER NAME). I
need somebody to tell me if it is possible to have information from a
page like this:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...-2005/ats.html

Into an excel file on my laptop. The information on that page will be
updated, in some cases, on a daily basis and I would like the
information in the excel file to reflect this.

The information from this page that I am specifically interested in is
under the ATS, W/L, and O/U categories.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
BrandNewToThis
BrandNewToThis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28439
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480396

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks...but that doesn't seem to work. I get the following erro
message:

"This Web query returned no data. To modify the query, click OK, clic
the name of the name of the external data range in the name box on th
formula bar, and then click Edit Query on the External Data Toolbar"

I tried that, and thanks Bill Gates, I get the same error message.

Now what

--
BrandNewToThi
BrandNewToThis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2843

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

click the arrow next to the table title and the one right below it, ats
records and it should work. the only problem is that some values are
interpreted as dates.

--

Gary

"BrandNewToThis"
<BrandNewToThis.1xpbab_1130652325.8536@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:BrandNewToThis.1xpbab_1130652325.8536@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Thanks...but that doesn't seem to work. I get the following error
message:

"This Web query returned no data. To modify the query, click OK, click
the name of the name of the external data range in the name box on the
formula bar, and then click Edit Query on the External Data Toolbar"

I tried that, and thanks Bill Gates, I get the same error message.

Now what?

--
BrandNewToThis
BrandNewToThis's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480396

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If ALL else fails, try this

Sub openurl()
myurl = "http://www.covers.com/" & _
"pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=" & _
"/data/ncb/statistics/2004-2005/ats.html"
Workbooks.Open (myurl)

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BrandNewToThis"
wrote in
message news:BrandNewToThis.1xop2c_1130623505.172@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Okay....I'm TOTALLY new to this type of use for Excel (see USER NAME). I
need somebody to tell me if it is possible to have information from a
page like this:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...-2005/ats.html

Into an excel file on my laptop. The information on that page will be
updated, in some cases, on a daily basis and I would like the
information in the excel file to reflect this.

The information from this page that I am specifically interested in is
under the ATS, W/L, and O/U categories.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
BrandNewToThis

[...]