Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multi-dimensional Array Referencing

Hi all

I'm trying to devise a way to reference and update from a table of data
to random areas in the worksheet.

For e.g.

If I have a table of data :-

AB1 John
AB2 Doe
AB3 Mary

I want to any references in the worksheet that has AB1 or AB2 or AB3 to
find and replace it with the approriate names. And if changes were made
to the names, all the references will be updated accordingly.

I'm a begineer in VBA but I did manage to read up on multi-dimensional
arrays but I'm stuck on how to reference this arrays to the approriate
fields in the worksheet.

Do need help here.

Thanks

Fred Kalil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With Activesheet
For i = LBound(ary) To UBound(ary)
Replace(Cells,ary(i,0),ary(i,1))
Next i
End With

--

HTH

RP

"Fred Kalil" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

I'm trying to devise a way to reference and update from a table of data
to random areas in the worksheet.

For e.g.

If I have a table of data :-

AB1 John
AB2 Doe
AB3 Mary

I want to any references in the worksheet that has AB1 or AB2 or AB3 to
find and replace it with the approriate names. And if changes were made
to the names, all the references will be updated accordingly.

I'm a begineer in VBA but I did manage to read up on multi-dimensional
arrays but I'm stuck on how to reference this arrays to the approriate
fields in the worksheet.

Do need help here.

Thanks

Fred Kalil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If AB1, AB2, etc. are cell references, you can get XL to do what you
want.

Select each cell and enter the desired name in the Name Box.
Alternatively, enter all the names one by one through the dialog box
shown by Insert | Name Define...

Next, select any single cell; then select Insert | Name Apply... In
the resulting dialog box, select every name that you want converted
from a cell reference to a name and click OK.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article . com,