Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Divide by a value in a varying cell address

Hi all,
Once again I need help, help, and more help! I have a spreadsheet which has
"indicators" in Col. C, which could be 512, 513, 515, or 525. A store could
have anywhere from all four to only one of the indicators, and each indicator
has a corresponding amount. Indicator 910 is a total line with an amount.
In Column G, each indicator should have a formula dividing the indicator
amount by the total amount. Since I can't count on the fact the 910 total
row will always be 4 rows from the 512 row, how can I create the macro so the
indicator is being divided by the correct 910 total cell? I can do this with
nested IFs, but I know there's a better way and I'd like to know so I can
learn more. TIA, and for all the help so far.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I want to help but I have no idea what you have, nor what you want to have.
The explanation you give can be understood by only someone like you, i.e.
someone who already knows what you are talking about.
Please post back and explain what you have and what you want to do. Use
generic terms for every parameter.
HTH Otto