Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default For statement help

I have made a program which using DDE communications imports and export
data from a PLC.

In order to save myself some time (since I have many values to impor
and export) I am trying to use a for statement with an embedde
variable so to speak. My values are set up as

AnalogInputs[0].Value
AnalogInputs[0].Fault
AnalogInputs[0].Alarm etc etc with about 10 elements in eac
AnalogInputs[x]. I need to read these values for the first 26 analo
inputs and read them into excel starting at F75. Read all values i
down to F85, then skip a line and continue with AnalogInput[1].

This is quite easy to do in the PLC programming code. It would b
something like:

y=75
FOR x = 0 to 26

AnalogInputs[x].Value = Fy
AnalogInputs[x].Fault =Fy +1
etc etc
y=y+1 (for the space which im not sure how to add in excel)
end for

The main problem is that I dont know how to use the x value so that i
is embedded in the analog input. I also dont know how to add the spac
(though I am sure it is a relatively simple function)

Any help would be appreciated

--
pete358
pete3589's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2840