Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to know the active cell

i´m developing an xla with a form in which I want to show the contents of
the active cell. which event should I use?

thanks. Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you really mean event, or object/property. If event, perhaps you mean the
Worksheet_SelectionChange event. But that event applies to the workbook it
is in, so you cannot add it to the xla. What are you trying to do?

--

HTH

RP

"Oscar" wrote in message
i´m developing an xla with a form in which I want to show the contents of
the active cell. which event should I use?

thanks. Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

my first aim was to do conect the excel spreedsheet with a COM add-in in
which i could asing the active cell to a textbox in a form but i have the
problem that the form hide when i focus excel, so I decide to develop a xla
with a user which do the same.

"Oscar" wrote in message
i´m developing an xla with a form in which I want to show the contents of
the active cell. which event should I use?

thanks. Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Oscar" wrote:

my first aim was to do conect the excel spreedsheet with a COM add-in in
which i could asing the active cell to a textbox in a form but i have the
problem that the form hide when i focus excel, so I decide to develop a xla
with a user which do the same.

Well I still don't really understand what you are trying to do. Ask the user
a question? Display information to the user? Something with a form?

Anyway:

If you want to IDENTIFY the active cell: set theCell = ActiveCell

If you want to GET THE CONTENTS of the active cell: theValue =
ActiveCell.value

If you want to PUT something INTO the active cell: ActiveCell.value =
"something"

Maury