Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro VB step required

This is what I am trying to do.

I want an "if" & "then" statement to be inserted in macro (recording) that
looks at a particular column and sees if the text "No Error" is present in
it. If there is anything in that particular column apart from "No Error" ,
the macro should NOT run at all.

So, just to clarify the above, if there is anything besides "No Error" in
that column, the macro should NOT run, otherwise run successfully.

Thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi there,

Maybe you're looking for something like this ...

Sub MacroConditionalRun()
Dim rngFind As Range
Set rngFind = Range("A:A").Find("No Error", MatchCase:=True)
If Not rngFind Is Nothing Then
'...
'run macro here
'...

Change the column (from A) to that of desired column to look in.

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"BDANIELLS" wrote in message
This is what I am trying to do.

I want an "if" & "then" statement to be inserted in macro (recording) that
looks at a particular column and sees if the text "No Error" is present in
it. If there is anything in that particular column apart from "No Error" ,
the macro should NOT run at all.

So, just to clarify the above, if there is anything besides "No Error" in
that column, the macro should NOT run, otherwise run successfully.

Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can copy the code I posted and paste it into your Visual Basic Editor
(VBE) in a Standard Module located in your project (workbook). Shortcut
keys would be ..

Alt + F11 (open VBE)
Ctrl + R (open Project Explorer)
Select file on left
If no modules exist:
Insert | Module
Paste code in Module
If modules exist:
Double click desired module
Paste code in Module
Add code as desired

Is there other code you would like help with here?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"BDANIELLS" wrote in message
Thanks ZACK:

Where do I insert this?

Thanks

"BDANIELLS" wrote in message
This is what I am trying to do.

I want an "if" & "then" statement to be inserted in macro (recording)
that
looks at a particular column and sees if the text "No Error" is present
in
it. If there is anything in that particular column apart from "No
Error" ,
the macro should NOT run at all.

So, just to clarify the above, if there is anything besides "No Error"
in
that column, the macro should NOT run, otherwise run successfully.

Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would like to call you and ask you where exactly i should do this. There
are 9 modules of which 8 are blank.

The 9th one has the code in it. Do you want me to copy it there?

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

You can copy the code I posted and paste it into your Visual Basic Editor
(VBE) in a Standard Module located in your project (workbook). Shortcut
keys would be ..

Alt + F11 (open VBE)
Ctrl + R (open Project Explorer)
Select file on left
If no modules exist:
Insert | Module
Paste code in Module
If modules exist:
Double click desired module
Paste code in Module
Add code as desired

Is there other code you would like help with here?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"BDANIELLS" wrote in message
Thanks ZACK:

Where do I insert this?

Thanks

"BDANIELLS" wrote in message
This is what I am trying to do.

I want an "if" & "then" statement to be inserted in macro (recording)
that
looks at a particular column and sees if the text "No Error" is present
in
it. If there is anything in that particular column apart from "No
Error" ,
the macro should NOT run at all.

So, just to clarify the above, if there is anything besides "No Error"
in
that column, the macro should NOT run, otherwise run successfully.

Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Zack: This is what module 9 looks like:

'
' FINAL Macro
Sub MacroConditionalRun()
Dim rngFind As Range
Set rngFind = Range("Y:Y").Find("No Error", MatchCase:=True)
If Not rngFind Is Nothing Then
'
Sheets("TX Shuttle").Select
Rows("3:3").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Rows("2:2").Select
Selection.Copy
Rows("3:6758").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="STOP"
Rows("37:37").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1
Range("C8").Select
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-27
Sheets("GL Entry").Select
ActiveWorkbook.Save

Remember, i want it to STOP if it sees something other than "No Error" in
column J. Also I want it to message me "Please correct ALL errors before
running final script".

Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey, yeah you can call me if you'd like. Whatever works easiest for you.
Email me (remove the nospam) and we'll get that going. I have an untested
version of code that may work. I dont' have your workbook and/or data
structure to test it on ...

Option Explicit
Sub MacroConditionalRun()
Dim rngFind As Range
Set rngFind = Range("Y:Y").Find("No Error", MatchCase:=True)
If Not rngFind Is Nothing Then
With Sheets("TX Shuttle")
With .Rows("3:3")
.Range(Range(.Address, .End(xlDown)), .End(xlDown)).Delete
End With
.Rows("2:2").Copy Destination:=.Rows("3:6758")
If IsFilterOn(.Name) Then .Cells.AutoFilter
.Rows("3:6758").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="STOP"
.Range(.Rows("37:37"), .Rows("37:37").End(xlDown)).Delete
If IsFilterOn(.Name) Then .Cells.AutoFilter
.Rows("37:37").AutoFilter Field:=1
End With
Sheets("GL Entry").Activate
' ActiveWorkbook.Save

Function IsFilterOn(ws As String, Optional wb As String) As Boolean
If wb = "" Then wb = ActiveWorkbook.Name
If Workbooks(wb).Sheets(ws).AutoFilterMode Then IsFilterOn = True
End Function

Two things of real significance here. First is I commented out your Save.
That is so you can run your code and then check to see if it performed the
way you wanted it to without having to save over any unecessary/unwanted
changed. This works best if you save prior to running the routine. The
second is the IsFilterOn function. In VBA, if you try to set the autofilter
method on a range of cells and it is already running, it will produce an
error. For better error handling, I've added the function to check it for
you. And if it's on, then it will take it off as so you can apply it
again.