Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default More e-mail problems

I'm still having problems e-mail sheets out of Excel.

One set of methods uses activeworkbook.SendMail Recipients:="bla bla bla".
This method always complains that "one of the recipients could not be found",
when the address is in the format (domain changed to protect the innocent)
;mcooper@domain. x". I have also tried placing
an additional semi at the end, and using commas. No dice.

Additionally this method (.SendMail) does not appear to exist on the Excel
2002 machine I intended it to run on. Does anyone know when .SendMail was
added to Excel?

Another problem is that I tried using Outlook Reunion, but it doesn't seem
to have any effect. I'm still being asked a whole whack of times to click OK.
Any ideas here?

Maury
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Recipients is looking for an array of strings (email addresses)

")

From help on SendMail

Recipients Required Variant. Specifies the name of the recipient as text,
or as an array of text strings if there are multiple recipients. At least
one recipient must be specified, and all recipients are added as To
recipients.

Tom Ogilvy

"Maury Markowitz" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's one, thanks!

Recipients is looking for an array of strings (email addresses)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See for the other things

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

And

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Maury Markowitz" wrote in message
That's one, thanks!

Recipients is looking for an array of strings (email addresses)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

(2) seemed interesting, but turned out not to be the problem. The MAPIX is
indeed set to 1, and I could not find any xlb's -- well I did, but only
backups, no originals (weird).

Then I noticed in passing that all components have to be the same version.
It appears someone upgraded Outlook on that machine to 2003, everything else
is 2002. I'm going to assume this is the problem.

You might want to make that -- the version issue -- in its own section, and
I would recommend making it #1 on the list!

You'd think that with 10 years they would have solved DLL hell by now. *sigh*

Maury

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,
I have to send a file out to a group of people which I have email addresses
for in an Excel sheet. However, there is another group that also needs to get
this file, but I don't have their addresses loaded. The only source is emails
that I have received from them, which are sitting in a folder in Outlook
named Inbox-BFP.
Is there any way to use a macro to look at all emails in this folder,
capture the email address, write it to an Excel spreadsheet and exclude
duplicate email addresses?

Thanks!

David