Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default store SHAPE-Object on disk

Hello,

I have an Excel sheet with one or more shape objects (pictures).
I need to programm a little VBA-routine to extract these pictures form the
sheet and store them on disk.

I already know how to extract the SHAPES:

Dim varPicture As Shape
For Each varPicture In ActiveSheet.Shapes
varPicture.Select
Next varPicture

I even know how to store them in the clipboard-device:
varPicture.CopyPicture

But how can I store them on disk. What doesn't work (but explains my problem
well): varPicture.savetofile "c:\myPic.bmp"

Who knows better?

Heiko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, think that works.
At least I was able to transfert the pics on disk, I could open them and I
stored them on SQL-Server:

Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
Dim stm As New ADODB.Stream

ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add("Page.htm", "Sheet", "", xlHtmlStatic,
"Testname", "Testname").Publish (True) 'Store as HTML files + jpg-pics

Set con = CurrentProject.Connection
stm.Type = adTypeBinary
stm.Open
stm.LoadFromFile Pfad + "HTMLpage_image003.jpg"

rst.Open "tbl_Pr_Ld", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
rst.AddNew
rst![Pr_Ld_Pic] = stm.Read
rst.Update

That works fine. But now I can no longer watch the pics in my Access-form.
Do they have a wrong format. When transferred manually by Clipboard one can
see the pics. Access simply doesn't show the pics!

Regards,
Heiko