Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Macro Worning?

Hi,
Is there anyway I can hide from the user the Macro Worning box(Disable
Enable Macro). I don't want users to know about this macro. I will be the
only one to run the macro that will change the data.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyway I can hide from the user the Macro Worning box(Disable
Enable Macro). I don't want users to know about this macro. I will be the
only one to run the macro that will change the data.

Thank you

No. The entire point of the warning is that a user shouldn't be
blind-sided by macros they don't know about. I think that with VBScript
you can invoke an Excel file in a way that avoids the security warning
(on the theory that if you are able to execute a script then there is
no damage that you could do with an Excel macro that you can't do with
the script) but then you would have to convince your users to run the
script rather than Excel directly, which should raise the suspicions of
anybody computer-savy. Why not *trust* the users? You can make the code
password-protected if you don't want to reveal it.

-John Coleman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change security to low (but can't do that with the workbook causing the
prompt)

Certify the project and have the user accept you as trusted (xl2000 and
later)

Take the macro out of the workbook and run it from another workbook since
you are the only one that needs it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob" wrote in message
Is there anyway I can hide from the user the Macro Worning box(Disable
Enable Macro). I don't want users to know about this macro. I will be the
only one to run the macro that will change the data.

Thank you

Hide a Macro [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 26th 07 09:12 AM
macro to hide row with 0.00 Lori Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 25th 07 08:56 PM
hide macro GM[_4_] Excel Programming 1 January 27th 05 03:46 PM
Hide row macro John F[_2_] Excel Programming 1 November 11th 04 09:05 PM
more help with a hide macro Awoll Excel Programming 3 December 11th 03 08:37 PM