Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Function call syncronized.

Hi all!
I have to syncronize 2 functions: that is, I have to wait a finish of one
function before launching the other.
the functions are api of another application, so I can't check the return
code.
Any idea?

milly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

milly wrote:
Hi all!
I have to syncronize 2 functions: that is, I have to wait a finish of one
function before launching the other.
the functions are api of another application, so I can't check the return
code.
Any idea?

milly

If the first function creates a change of state that you can monitor
(e.g. - writes to a file or changes the content of cell A1) then maybe
you could create a wrapper for the second function: A simple loop that
contains a DoEvents (to allow the first function to complete) and
checks if the change of state has happened. When it has, control leaves
the loop and passes to the second function. Hopefully someone else has
a better solution, but the above solution could work in a pinch.

-John Coleman