Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Writing Reference?

Does anybody know of a reference that approaches the topic of macro
from a really basic point of view?

I have been working wiith Excel for 10-15 years but I never learned ho
to write macros. I have read the Microsoft Excel 2003 macro section bu
somehow I just don't get it. I also tried the "Dummies" book. I foun
it cute but relatively useless as a reference. My attempts a
recording a "relative reference" always end up as absolute. I a
virtually illiterate when it comes to programming.

Thanks

--
burnsbyrn

burnsbyrne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2215
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://web.archive.org/web/200312040...01/default.asp
Microsoft Excel for Windows -- Visual Basic for Applications 101

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

The VBA tutorial links are after the excel tutorial links.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und.../odc_super.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und...d/default.aspx
Tom Ogilvy

"burnsbyrne" wrote
in message ...

Does anybody know of a reference that approaches the topic of macros
from a really basic point of view?

I have been working wiith Excel for 10-15 years but I never learned how
to write macros. I have read the Microsoft Excel 2003 macro section but
somehow I just don't get it. I also tried the "Dummies" book. I found
it cute but relatively useless as a reference. My attempts at
recording a "relative reference" always end up as absolute. I am
virtually illiterate when it comes to programming.

Thanks.

--
burnsbyrne

burnsbyrne's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478762

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the references, Tom

http://tinyurl.com/cegwc

http://tinyurl.com/9oush

[...]

Writing a story in Excel with fill in blanks that reference pictur Sagit Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 October 3rd 08 04:26 AM
writing macro EFFY Excel Programming 3 June 29th 05 05:30 PM
Macro Writing rjamison Excel Programming 0 June 14th 05 12:14 AM
VBA-writing a macro Don Guillett[_4_] Excel Programming 1 August 31st 04 01:49 PM
Need Help writing a macro TwEaKFrEaK[_4_] Excel Programming 1 August 24th 04 10:16 PM