Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Numbers and Produce a List

Hi Everyone,

I have a List of 6 Number Combinations in Columns "B:G" in a Sheet
Named "Draws".
The Minimum Number is 1, and the Maximum Number is 49 within EACH 6
Number Combination.
I have a Sheet Named "Results", and in Cell "B2" I have a Figure of the
Number of Draws I want to go Back.
If the Figure in Cell "B2" is 20 for Example, that is the Number of
Draws I want to go Back ( Starting at the Bottom and Going Up ).
I then want to Produce a List of Numbers that have NOT Been Drawn in
those 20 Draws from the 49 Numbers Please.

Many Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

List starts in I1

Sub AA()
Dim Nums(1 To 49) As Long
Dim list() As Long, rng As Range
Dim hist As Long, cell As Range
Dim idex As Long, lastrow As Long
Dim i As Long

With Worksheets("Results")
hist = .Range("B2").Value
lastrow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = .Cells(lastrow, 2).Offset(-1 * (hist - 1), 0).Resize(hist, 6)
For Each cell In rng
Nums(cell.Value) = Nums(cell.Value) + 1
Next
idex = 0
For i = 1 To 49
If Nums(i) = 0 Then
idex = idex + 1
.Cells(idex, "I").Value = i
End If
Next
End With

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I have a List of 6 Number Combinations in Columns "B:G" in a Sheet
Named "Draws".
The Minimum Number is 1, and the Maximum Number is 49 within EACH 6
Number Combination.
I have a Sheet Named "Results", and in Cell "B2" I have a Figure of the
Number of Draws I want to go Back.
If the Figure in Cell "B2" is 20 for Example, that is the Number of
Draws I want to go Back ( Starting at the Bottom and Going Up ).
I then want to Produce a List of Numbers that have NOT Been Drawn in
those 20 Draws from the 49 Numbers Please.

Many Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Very Much for the Reply Tom,

My Drawn Combinations are in the Sheet Named "Draws" ( Columns "B:G" ).
My Number of Draws to go Back are in the Sheet Named "Results" ( Cell
"B2" ).
Ideally, the List will be in the Sheet Named "Results" and Starting in
Cell "B4" and Going Down for Example.

All the Best.
Paul

List starts in I1

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I have a List of 6 Number Combinations in Columns "B:G" in a Sheet
Named "Draws".
The Minimum Number is 1, and the Maximum Number is 49 within EACH 6
Number Combination.
I have a Sheet Named "Results", and in Cell "B2" I have a Figure of the
Number of Draws I want to go Back.
If the Figure in Cell "B2" is 20 for Example, that is the Number of
Draws I want to go Back ( Starting at the Bottom and Going Up ).
I then want to Produce a List of Numbers that have NOT Been Drawn in
those 20 Draws from the 49 Numbers Please.

Many Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AA()
Dim Nums(1 To 49) As Long
Dim list() As Long, rng As Range
Dim hist As Long, cell As Range
Dim idex As Long, lastrow As Long
Dim i As Long

hist =Worksheets("Results").Range("B2").Value

With Worksheets("Draws")
lastrow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = .Cells(lastrow, 2).Offset(-1 * (hist - 1), 0).Resize(hist, 6)
For Each cell In rng
Nums(cell.Value) = Nums(cell.Value) + 1
Next
idex = 3
For i = 1 To 49
If Nums(i) = 0 Then
idex = idex + 1
Worksheets("Results").Cells(idex, "B").Value = i
End If
Next
End With
End Sub

If that doesn't work, you can probably fix it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Very Much for the Reply Tom,

My Drawn Combinations are in the Sheet Named "Draws" ( Columns "B:G" ).
My Number of Draws to go Back are in the Sheet Named "Results" ( Cell
"B2" ).
Ideally, the List will be in the Sheet Named "Results" and Starting in
Cell "B4" and Going Down for Example.

All the Best.
Paul

List starts in I1

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I have a List of 6 Number Combinations in Columns "B:G" in a Sheet
Named "Draws".
The Minimum Number is 1, and the Maximum Number is 49 within EACH 6
Number Combination.
I have a Sheet Named "Results", and in Cell "B2" I have a Figure of

the
Number of Draws I want to go Back.
If the Figure in Cell "B2" is 20 for Example, that is the Number of
Draws I want to go Back ( Starting at the Bottom and Going Up ).
I then want to Produce a List of Numbers that have NOT Been Drawn in
those 20 Draws from the 49 Numbers Please.

Many Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brilliant Tom, it Works Perfect.
One Question Please, what does the Variable "idex" do?, and Why is it
Set to "3"?.

All the Best.
Paul

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
[...]

"Paul Black" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Very Much for the Reply Tom,

My Drawn Combinations are in the Sheet Named "Draws" ( Columns "B:G" ).
My Number of Draws to go Back are in the Sheet Named "Results" ( Cell
"B2" ).
Ideally, the List will be in the Sheet Named "Results" and Starting in
Cell "B4" and Going Down for Example.

All the Best.
Paul

List starts in I1

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I have a List of 6 Number Combinations in Columns "B:G" in a Sheet
Named "Draws".
The Minimum Number is 1, and the Maximum Number is 49 within EACH 6
Number Combination.
I have a Sheet Named "Results", and in Cell "B2" I have a Figure of

the
Number of Draws I want to go Back.
If the Figure in Cell "B2" is 20 for Example, that is the Number of
Draws I want to go Back ( Starting at the Bottom and Going Up ).
I then want to Produce a List of Numbers that have NOT Been Drawn in
those 20 Draws from the 49 Numbers Please.

Many Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it shows which row to put the unused number in. It starts at 3 because the
first command is to add 1 to it and you wanted to write in cell B4 and down.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
[...]

"Paul Black" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Very Much for the Reply Tom,

My Drawn Combinations are in the Sheet Named "Draws" ( Columns

"B:G" ).
My Number of Draws to go Back are in the Sheet Named "Results" ( Cell
"B2" ).
Ideally, the List will be in the Sheet Named "Results" and Starting in
Cell "B4" and Going Down for Example.

All the Best.
Paul

List starts in I1

"Paul Black" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brilliant Tom.

Thanks for ALL your Help, it is Appreciated.
All the Best.
Paul