Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help with excel and vb6

I have the program export data to excel file. When export to excel (
its take 5, 6 minutes to finish) .

the code sample he

Dim xlApp As Object
Dim xlBook As Object
Dim xlSheet As Object

Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
'Open Template file, save as temp file
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(getFileSource)
xlBook.SaveAs tbFilePath.Text

'Open temp file, write data to its
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(tbFilePath.Text)

If user open other excel file, its will make my excel visible and loss
data and raise error, or if user click close excel windows, its will
close my running excel both :(
I am using excel 2003.
How do the user can open other excel file, edit or close so its not
effect to my running excel file? or how do i create new excel instance
when user open other excel file.
I see the software (Cognos Powerplay) create excel report and its not
be damage when user open other excel file.

Please help me to do that :(

Thanks & regards,

Huy.

--