Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default File Manipulation

I have an Excel file named "Customer" in G:\Company folder.
Without opening this file in excel, I want to check it's first column cells
values of every rows.
I used to use a following module when I directly opend Customer Excel
worksheet. How can I achieve the same result without opening Customer Excel
sheet directly.
Or any better idea? I know very little about file manipulation techniques.
Thank you.

Sub Paid()
x =1
Do while Cell(x,1).Value < " "
If Cells(x,1).Value = "Paid" Then Cells.Entirerow.Delete.
x=x+1
Loop
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you opposed to opening the file via code, deleting the "Paid" rows, then
closing the file in the same procedure?

This would take less time than you could see it happen.