Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jai jai is offline

Default Compiling VBA code

I have created an application that generates and manages multiple
workbooks, each of which gathers inputs from a separate division. All inputs
are put together into an "Main" workbook. All these workbooks are created
dynamically once for each month of the year.

I have written the VBA code in a separete workbook which has only
configuration information. I would like to compile this code so that it
becomes tamper proof. Any fiddling can have massive negative consequences. So
how do I

- "freeze the code'
- ' make it unaccessible unless actually required'
- can this "mother workbook" itself be hidden so that config info is
only
accessible through a utility designed for the purpose ?

Jai
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can password protect your vba project so that it is not accessable.
In the VBE ToolsVBA Project PropertiesProtection. Check Lock Project
for Viewing and assign a password.

With regard to having the book hidden etc you might want to look at
saving it as an Add-In.

Hope this helps
Rowan