Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I still need help!

I have a slight problem that Excel either can not do or I can not ente
the formula correctly. I am asking for your expertise. What I need i
to enter Value A into a cell and then enter Value B into a cell, hav
Excel do the division, and then generate a table with that number o
rows. For example, if I enter "20" into cell A2, enter "5" into cel
B2, I need Excel to generate a table in cell C5 that starts at 1 an
then in cell D5 is 2, then 3 in cell E5, etc....

The number that I enter for the prompt "sections" is the number o
columns that I need Excel to generate. I need Excel to do thi
automatically (preferably without the user having to "click and drag
anything. I have included an example output of what I need th
spreadsheet to look like to, hopefully, help explain my idea. It is se
up just like a spreadsheet; where the letters represent the columns
the numbers (on the left) represent the rows. The blue numbers/letter
represent the rows/columns of an Excel spreadsheet. The purple number
are input by the user and the bold red numbers are the numbers that
need Excel to generate & place.

Code
-------------------
A B C D E F G
1:
2: distance 20
3: sections 5
4:
5: * 1 2 3 4 5*
6: deltaX: (to be input by user, no code needed)
-------------------

If you can help, please explain in as basic of terms as possible.

Thank yo

--
rbheda
rbhedal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2819

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Rbhedal,

What you want to do with Excel is possible. The method maybe a littl
more involved than you are used to, but I will walk through the steps.

The input locations are based on your map, not what you wrote. Yo
wrote "A2" but the map shows the input cell at "B2". The divisio
result should be 4 not 5, unless there is something you didn't mentio
(20/5 = 4). If any of this needs to changed, it is not a problem.

INSTALLING THE MACRO

1)[/b] COPY ALL THE MACRO CODE IN THE CODE BOX BELOW USING *CTRL+ C*.

*2)* BRING UP THE VBA WITH KEYS *ALT + F1

3)* SELECT THE PROJECT EXPLORER WINDOW USING KEYS *CTRL +

4)* PRESS THE *DOWN ARROW * TO SCROLL TO THE WORKSHEET THE MACRO WIL
BE USED ON

*5)* SELECT THE CODE PANE BY PRESSING *F

[b]6)* Press *CTRL + V* to paste the Macro code into your project

*7)* Press *CTRL + S* to save the changes

That's it. You are ready to run automatically. If you have an
questions or need further assistance contact me via emai
.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

Code
-------------------
Public Sub MyMacro()

Dim N As Long
Dim X As Long

N = Range("B2").Value \ Range("B3").Value

X = Range("1:1").Columns.Count
Range("C5", Cells(5, X)).ClearContents

For I = 1 To N
Cells(5, 2 + I).Value = I
Next I

If Target.Address = "$B$3" Then Call MyMacro

End Sub

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: