Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Help needed

I am new to excell use, and i need some help.
i have a spreadsheet that is front page with lookup formula's, now th
part i have trouble with is that i need to change the location of th
lookup. from one page to a better page. the old page was set up t
search a column to find a part number then with the row found it nex
search to find a number in the next column that was my inventory. th
new page is set up different with the part number in the same place bu
the inventory is directly underneath it in the next row. how can
search by range to locate the part number then tell it to read the ver
next row?

a reply would be greatly appreciated

thank yo

--
SClingerma
SClingerman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2827

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, I think the old format is better. In fact, I'd spend some time to make
the new page look like that old page. If you happen to sort that new page, you
could be in big trouble!

But this might work:
=index(sheet2!a:a,match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)+1)
It looks for the exact match, then adds one to the row where the match was
found.

Debra Dalgleish's has some notes you may like:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

SClingerman wrote:

I am new to excell use, and i need some help.
i have a spreadsheet that is front page with lookup formula's, now the
part i have trouble with is that i need to change the location of the
lookup. from one page to a better page. the old page was set up to
search a column to find a part number then with the row found it next
search to find a number in the next column that was my inventory. the
new page is set up different with the part number in the same place but
the inventory is directly underneath it in the next row. how can i
search by range to locate the part number then tell it to read the very
next row?

a reply would be greatly appreciated

thank you

--