Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making Microsoft Graph objects invisible

Hi everyone.
I am working with VFP 9.0 and some Word and Excel documents. I have the
visibility on both documents set to .F. in my code. Both of them remain
hidden during execution. The problem pops up when some scoring is being done
on the excel sheet and graphs are built. I get a new window for every graph
that is generated popping up on the screen, though both Word and the Excel
worksheet are hidden.

I have been searching the net and help files for hours now. I am looking
for a way to make those Microsoft Graph windos never, ever, show up.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tony,

Probably too simplistic, but have you tried setting your Excel application object's ScreenUpdating
property to False?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TonyV" wrote in message
Hi everyone.
I am working with VFP 9.0 and some Word and Excel documents. I have the
visibility on both documents set to .F. in my code. Both of them remain
hidden during execution. The problem pops up when some scoring is being done
on the excel sheet and graphs are built. I get a new window for every graph
that is generated popping up on the screen, though both Word and the Excel
worksheet are hidden.

I have been searching the net and help files for hours now. I am looking
for a way to make those Microsoft Graph windos never, ever, show up.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernie,
I have tried setting my goExcel.screenupdating = .F., but it seems to have
no effect.

The graphs are linked objects within a Word document / template. I have
tried setting my goWord object also for false screenupdating. Still no luck.

Maybe I am not adding that in the right spot? I am doing:

goexcel = CREATEOBJECT('Excel.Application')
goexcel.screenupdating = .F.
goexcel.visible = .F.

Same with Word.

Tony

"TonyV" wrote in message
Hi everyone.
I am working with VFP 9.0 and some Word and Excel documents. I have the
visibility on both documents set to .F. in my code. Both of them remain
hidden during execution. The problem pops up when some scoring is being done
on the excel sheet and graphs are built. I get a new window for every graph
that is generated popping up on the screen, though both Word and the Excel
worksheet are hidden.

I have been searching the net and help files for hours now. I am looking
for a way to make those Microsoft Graph windos never, ever, show up.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tony,

Sorry, I'm just not that familiar with controllong Excel from other applications. Is the .F. being
correctly interpreted by the Excel application? Is that a declared boolean constant set to equal
False?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP