Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default data sort and protect sheet

hello,

I have a little problem, but maybe it's not so little, when I can't
find solution for it.

I wrote a macro, which sort my data in table, for example tha range of
my table is A 10: H 100 . Then I set up, which cell I want to protect,
of course the table, in which I want sort the data has unprotect cells.
and then I protect sheet, but when I run a macro, the debug dialog will
appear.

Can anyone help???

Thanks a lot ....

tommy

--
tommy_gtr
tommy_gtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26089

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
baj baj is offline

Hi,

A possibility is hiding the sheet (when you're ready you also have to
protect the complete project so nobody can get to that hidden
unprotected sheet) without locking the actual cells.
In the visible part of your project you keep a sheet that is directly
linked to the hidden sheet... you have to protect this visible sheet,
it acts as a mirror ("paste special") for the actual working sheet in
the background.

Try & experiment... it works

Bye
Baj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I got the same problem yesterday huh. You can manage the users role when you
protect a sheet.For example when you protect a sheet you can allow users for
sorting,insertin or more. In Tools --- Protection --- Protect sheet you can
manage these roles. I think you must give sort role for users.

my second way is before you sort your datas you can unprotect your sheet
programaticly.this is simple.You can record a macro..

sense your codes...

Omer

"tommy_gtr" wrote:

hello,

I have a little problem, but maybe it's not so little, when I can't
find solution for it.

I wrote a macro, which sort my data in table, for example tha range of
my table is A 10: H 100 . Then I set up, which cell I want to protect,
of course the table, in which I want sort the data has unprotect cells.
and then I protect sheet, but when I run a macro, the debug dialog will
appear.

Can anyone help???

Thanks a lot ....

tommy

--
tommy_gtr
tommy_gtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26089
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478151

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks all for your answers....

dear ozulku_ome,

I know about possibility to set up of protection of sheet , but I'm
working with office 2000 a here are these setting, which I know from
office xp missing.

of course that I try write a macro in vba for it, but it works only
when the protection is without password.

I don't know how can I specify in VBA a password to use...

tommz