Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Customize toolber tabs

Dear All,

I want to disable Customize toolbar tabs.see the scren shot in
attachment.
what is the code to disable the Tabs.

please help me...

Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: Disable Customize toolber tabs.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3933 |

areddy
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28204
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478143

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Areddy,

You posed the identical question yesterday.

I responded with the suggestion:

Application.CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = False

You responded, monosyllabically, that this did not work.

Tom Ogilvy pointed out that the suggestion should work in any version of
Excel from xl97 SP2 onwards and queried the version you use.

Why not stay in the original thread and provide some feedback designed to
enable prospective respondents better to assist you?

---
Regards,
Norman

"areddy" wrote in
message ...

Dear All,

I want to disable Customize toolbar tabs.see the scren shot in
attachment.
what is the code to disable the Tabs.

please help me...

Regards,
Amar...

|Filename: Disable Customize toolber tabs.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3933 |

areddy
areddy's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478143

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello areddy,

If you disable the tabs, you won't be able to use the Customize Toolbar
features. Since this is an Excel built-in dialog, you aren't able to
disable the tabs anyway.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See response in programming.

--

HTH

RP

"Leith Ross" wrote
in message ...

Hello areddy,

If you disable the tabs, you won't be able to use the Customize Toolbar
features. Since this is an Excel built-in dialog, you aren't able to
disable the tabs anyway.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478143

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think he means the tabs on the customize dialog. I don't think that can be
done, but you could disable the customize control, and stop the right-click
customize option with

Application.CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = False
Application.CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Customi ze...").Enabled=False

--

HTH

RP

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

I think he means the tabs on the customize dialog

Thank you.

I responded in the Excel group, providing the OP with a link to all his
posts and drwaing his attention to your reply here!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
I think he means the tabs on the customize dialog. I don't think that can
be
done, but you could disable the customize control, and stop the
right-click
customize option with

Application.CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = False
Application.CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Customi ze...").Enabled=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi all,

The Customize toolbars dialog can ONLY be disabled in Office XP / 2003

You can use

Application.disablecustomize=true

This prevents users double-clicking on the Toolbar area to open the
(Customize Toolbars) dialog and bypass the

ToolbarList.enabled=false

In our Excel Apps we use this to prevent the users gaining access to
features that we don't want them to have... for example, if we disable all
the menus and toolbars, leaving them with only our custom commandbars, then
we don't want the users double-clicking on the Toolbar area to open that
dialog, then adding a new toolbar and then adding the buttons from the
Commands Tab :)

Of course, when the workbook is closed, it is important to reset all those
features...

I hope this helps ...

Philip