Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

Default positioning the control on a popup commandbar

I have a commandbar of popup type with a combobox control..
code is as follows/
Set myPopup = CommandBars.Add(Name:="MyBar", Position:=msoBarPopup)
'msoBarFloating) ' ', MenuBar:=True, temporary:=True)
Set myMnu = myPopup.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox,
temporary:=False)

Question: popupbar appears as a bar next to curser. It has the combobox
control. But its position is not that good. combobox arrow is on far right.
It opensto the right of the control when the arrow is clicked. How to
control this position?
I like to have the drop down box to fall from the control similar to a combo
box

thank you
MVM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the popup commandbar was made with only the button control in mind
so that's probably why we're given no control over where the menu appears.
Putting a combobox on it is pretty unconventional I'm sure you know.

--
Jim
"MVM" wrote in message
|I have a commandbar of popup type with a combobox control..
| code is as follows/
| Set myPopup = CommandBars.Add(Name:="MyBar", Position:=msoBarPopup)
| 'msoBarFloating) ' ', MenuBar:=True, temporary:=True)
| Set myMnu = myPopup.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox,
| temporary:=False)
|
| Question: popupbar appears as a bar next to curser. It has the combobox
| control. But its position is not that good. combobox arrow is on far
right.
| It opensto the right of the control when the arrow is clicked. How to
| control this position?
| I like to have the drop down box to fall from the control similar to a
combo
| box
|
| thank you
| MVM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MVM MVM is offline

If the user wants search capability what is the other alternative?
pop up is needed because this opens only on a particular range.
MVM

"MVM" wrote in message
|I have a commandbar of popup type with a combobox control..
| code is as follows/
| Set myPopup = CommandBars.Add(Name:="MyBar", Position:=msoBarPopup)
| 'msoBarFloating) ' ', MenuBar:=True, temporary:=True)
| Set myMnu = myPopup.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox,
| temporary:=False)
|
| Question: popupbar appears as a bar next to curser. It has the combobox
| control. But its position is not that good. combobox arrow is on far
right.
| It opensto the right of the control when the arrow is clicked. How to
| control this position?
| I like to have the drop down box to fall from the control similar to a
combo
| box
|
| thank you
| MVM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While I'm not exactly sure what you're doing I think I'd have the menu item
open a userform or at least an InputBox to get the additional information.

--
Jim
"MVM" wrote in message
| If the user wants search capability what is the other alternative?
| pop up is needed because this opens only on a particular range.
| MVM
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I think the popup commandbar was made with only the button control in
mind
| so that's probably why we're given no control over where the menu
appears.
| Putting a combobox on it is pretty unconventional I'm sure you know.
|
| --
| Jim
| "MVM" wrote in message
| |I have a commandbar of popup type with a combobox control..
| | code is as follows/
| | Set myPopup = CommandBars.Add(Name:="MyBar", Position:=msoBarPopup)
| | 'msoBarFloating) ' ', MenuBar:=True, temporary:=True)
| | Set myMnu = myPopup.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox,
| | temporary:=False)
| |
| | Question: popupbar appears as a bar next to curser. It has the
combobox
| | control. But its position is not that good. combobox arrow is on far
| right.
| | It opensto the right of the control when the arrow is clicked. How to
| | control this position?
| | I like to have the drop down box to fall from the control similar to a
| combo
| | box
| |