Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automate infil of data into a cell on subsequent worksheets.

I have sheet One.
Sheet one, amongst other info, has a list of reference numbers in Column A.

I want to generate a load of other individual sheets in the workbook that
subsequently reference the values in column in Sheet 1.

EG.
On Sheet 1
A1 = Ref No1
A2 = Ref No2
A3 = Ref No3
A4 = Ref No4

---------
All other sheets are templates with identical layout
How can I quickly populate all the values in Cell A1, on sheets 2 onwards
such that:

Sheet 2 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA1
Sheet 3 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA2
Sheet 4 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA3
Sheet 5 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA4
Sheet 6 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA5
Sheet 7 A1 = Value in Sheet1, CellA6

SS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assuming you have N values and N+1 sheets, with the list of values on sheet
1

for each sh in sheets
if sh.Index < 1 then
sh.Range("A1").Value = Sheet(1).Cells(sh.Index-1,1).Value
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Its called a macro, since posted in programming. Here are some help
articles for getting your feet on the ground.

http://web.archive.org/web/200312040...01/default.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und.../odc_super.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und...d/default.aspx

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

If you can't be bothered. then copy th code below, do Alt+F11, insert
=Module, paste then Alt+F11 back to excel. Tools=Macro=Macros, select
AAAA and click the run button. Recall the previous conditions.

Sub AAAAA()
Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In Sheets
If sh.Index < 1 Then
sh.Range("A1").Value = _
Sheets(1).Cells(sh.Index - 1, 1).Value
End If
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"simon" wrote in message
I'm not sure how to apply this.
Can you clarify..

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom.

Got it working thanks...

You've saved me an awful lot of cutting and pasting!!

SS