Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to change of a cell

I need a macro to change a value of a cell from bits per million to %.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi MHD,

You should provide some additional detail as it is not immediately apparent
what you seek to do, or why a macro should be required.

Incidentally, if the earlier response was from you, a two minute gap between
inititial post and a 'bump' seems imordinately impatient.

---
Regards,
Norman

"mhd143" wrote in message
I need a macro to change a value of a cell from bits per million to %.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Basically i've a range of cells in bit per million, whcih i need to convert
in %
E.g. 100(bits per million) * 100/1000000 = 1%

I need a for each statement too so it only changes cells with a value
greater than 0 please

"mhd143" wrote in message
I need a macro to change a value of a cell from bits per million to %.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

As Norman mentioned, it is not clear why you need a macro.

Can you not do this with a formula? If necessary cut and paste the values
back into the correct cells?

Another way might be to copy 100/1000000 to your clipboard and paste special
using the multiply option.

Using a simple macro:
Sub Test()
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = cell.Value * 100 / 1000000
Next cell
End Sub
You must have the range selected before you run the macro.

Multiplying 0 by 100 / 1000000 will result in 0, presumably no need to test.

Sean