Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting concatenation formula to text

Hi all,

I am concatenating two numbers to create a sort key in a list column but
find that I cannot sort on the concatenated field. I am now trying to
convert the concatenation formula to text which will allow me to sort on it
(similar to copy and paste values).

Apart from adding code to do the copy and paste values thing, can anyone
offer a better solution?

Thanks for any help.

FD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What happens? Any error message? I CAN sort on concatenated numbers! Give
sample data!
Stefi

€žFrigidDigit€ ezt Ã*rta:

Hi all,

I am concatenating two numbers to create a sort key in a list column but
find that I cannot sort on the concatenated field. I am now trying to
convert the concatenation formula to text which will allow me to sort on it
(similar to copy and paste values).

Apart from adding code to do the copy and paste values thing, can anyone
offer a better solution?

Thanks for any help.

FD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the response!

I apologize, my code was wrong, can sort on concatenated string.

I apologize for wasting your time!

FD