Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Hyperlink (If statement?)

This is driving me nuts. There has to be a simple solution to this.
Somebody help me!

I want Excel to examine the contents of a cell (say "A1" and do one of
two things in cell "B1":

1. If "A1" contains a certain value, I want Excel to display a
hyperlink to a web site in "B1".

2. If "A1" does not contain this value, I want Excel to display
nothing at all in "B1".

Surely this is possible (and probably easy). Right??

--
clemson1994
clemson1994's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi clemson1994,

Try entering the function below into cell B1. If the value in A1 is 1,
then the URL address should appear in B1. You can manipulate the A1=1
to whatever value you are interested in.

=IF(A1=1,HYPERLINK("http://www.yahoo.com"),"")

Hope this helps you !

Oreg

--
Oreg
Oreg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9195

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oreg Wrote:
Hi clemson1994,

Try entering the function below into cell B1. If the value in A1 is 1,
then the URL address should appear in B1. You can manipulate the A1=1
to whatever value you are interested in.

=IF(A1=1,HYPERLINK("http://www.yahoo.com"),"")

Hope this helps you !

Oreg

Yes, but how do I have the website come up as a hyperlink. When I did
what you suggested, it just displayed the url. Can't click on it.

--
clemson1994
clemson1994's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28225
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477762

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shoot, my apologies, it does work!!! Nevermind! I was expecting it to
show up blue with an underline. Thankyou

--
clemson1994
clemson1994's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28225
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477762

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem,

I've asked so many questions in this forum, I've been bursting for the
opportunity to help someone out !!! I know so little, the opportunity
is rare !!! :)

Take it easy

Oreg