Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo Box - Match Required help

Could someone please help me with the following?

I have a user form

3rd field or tab down is a combo box field (cboPayable)

I have the properties for the cboPayable ( matchrequired set to true)
-all the selections are via rowsource from another sheet

Is there anyway that if the user enters something that doesn't match
can get a msg box to popup and ask them if they want to add that to th
accounts.

The problem i am having is i am trying to use the exit event in th
cboPayable. And when i exit or tab from that field( and the valu
doesn't match then) a microsoft message box appears that says invali
property use. then my msg box comes up. But not until i close al
forms. is there anywya to bypass this message from microsoft.

Thanks for any hel

--
jhahe
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2359

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

eventseq.xls

provides msgbox for every event as it happens

a great debugger for your question

"jhahes" wrote:

Could someone please help me with the following?

I have a user form

3rd field or tab down is a combo box field (cboPayable)

I have the properties for the cboPayable ( matchrequired set to true)
-all the selections are via rowsource from another sheet

Is there anyway that if the user enters something that doesn't match i
can get a msg box to popup and ask them if they want to add that to the
accounts.

The problem i am having is i am trying to use the exit event in the
cboPayable. And when i exit or tab from that field( and the value
doesn't match then) a microsoft message box appears that says invalid
property use. then my msg box comes up. But not until i close all
forms. is there anywya to bypass this message from microsoft.

Thanks for any help

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23596