Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default format as %

Hi All,
What would be the syntax for format(my formula,"percent")?
Help appreciated
Thanks
Sye

--
sazi
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=635

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is your formula in a cell?

If so,

<formulalocation.NumberFormat = "0.00%"

replace <formulalocation with whatever syntax you want to refer to the
cell (ActiveCell, Selection, Range("A1"), Cells(1,1) etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Two different choises, suppose your number is 0.15:

1. Click on the cell, pull-down Format Cell Number Percentage
cell will now show as 13.00%

2. If your number is 15, click on cell, pull-down Format Cell Number
Custom

and enter General" %"
--
Gary's Student

"saziz" wrote:

Hi All,
What would be the syntax for format(my formula,"percent")?
Help appreciated
Thanks
Syed

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

? format(.2345,"#.0%")
23.4%

Tom Ogilvy

"saziz" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,
What would be the syntax for format(my formula,"percent")?
Help appreciated
Thanks
Syed

--
saziz
saziz's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477349

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Tom, JakeyC & the Student of Gary for help.
It was in a VB code so (#.0%) helped.
Thanks once again
Syed
(I am not even a student sofar...I guess I can be a students'
student.) :