Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UPPER / LOWER function VBA

In a standard spreadsheet, user has option to use Excel's built-in function:
"Upper" and "Lower" to change the case of the text. However in VBA code,
using the "application.worksheetfunction" syntax, there is no selection for
UPPER and LOWER, why is this? Is there another way to use this function in
VBA? I need to convert all string variables in my code to UPPER case but
have hit a wall with this.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

UCase and LCase....
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bret" wrote:

In a standard spreadsheet, user has option to use Excel's built-in function:
"Upper" and "Lower" to change the case of the text. However in VBA code,
using the "application.worksheetfunction" syntax, there is no selection for
UPPER and LOWER, why is this? Is there another way to use this function in
VBA? I need to convert all string variables in my code to UPPER case but
have hit a wall with this.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

and for proper you would use application.proper

but rather than reinventing the wheel you can probably simply make use
of the macros in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
which work from a selection and that selection is further restricted by
Special Cells and no matter what is used in Special Cells as arguments,
SpecialCells will also restrict to the used range. So you won't have
to worry about selecting an entire column and taking 3 minutes per
column to process an almost empty sheet.
---
HTH,

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message ...
UCase and LCase....