Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Number rounding within a formula

Is it possible to round a number within a cell that contains a simple
formula? Here is what I want to do...

D108 contains a whole number. Sometimes it's odd, sometimes it's even.
In cell D109, I have the following formula;
=SUM(D108/2) (this is the cell that I want rounded up to the nearest whole)
In cell D110, I want to subtract D109 from D108.

I have tried simply editing the number format to display a number with no
decimal places, but this does not allow D110 to be accurate.
I know that I could simply place a calculation cell on the spreadsheet, then
make D109 simply have the roundup function for the calculation cell, but I
was wondering if it is possible to do the math AND the roundup in the same
cell.

Thanks!

--
"...I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe..."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

first, using SUM does nothing additional and is unecessary

=D108/2

so
=round(D108/2,0)

Tom Ogilvy