Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ecm ecm is offline

Default Numbering

I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you should be able to go to format cells, click custom and enter 00 under
type

then format the cells with that.
--

Gary

"ecm" wrote in message
I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eric

Either preface the numbers with an apostrophe or format as Custom with an
appropriate number of 0's depending upon how far your list will extend.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:29:09 GMT, "ecm" wrote:

I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

enter

'01
'02

instead of 01, 02

the single quote tells excel to treat the entry as text and it won't remove
the leading zero.

An alternative is to format=Cell=Number tab, then select custom and enter
00

Tom Ogilvy

"ecm" wrote in message
I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ecm ecm is offline

Great.

When I went into Custom - it doesn't show 00.
I was able to enter it - and it worked fine.
Should this selection be under Custom menu?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Eric

"ecm" wrote in message
I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eric

00 is not a default selection under "Custom".

i.e. you would have to enter it for each workbook.

It will be saved with the workbook, however.

Gord

"ecm" wrote in message
I am setting up a workbook where I would like to label series of vinyl
windows starting at 01, 02, 03 etc.

How do I do this? It keeps reverting back to 1, 2, 3.

TIA,

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can also format the cells as text;
Format - Cells - Text

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can also format the cells as text;
Format - Cells - Text

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

numbering auction New Users to Excel 0 February 15th 10 06:41 AM
numbering Jer Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 15th 07 06:38 PM
PO with sequential numbering with start / end numbering [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 24th 07 03:38 PM
numbering Dr. Sachin Wagh Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 25th 05 11:37 PM
Numbering Lynne Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 16th 05 06:38 PM