Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to detect if a workbook is hidden through VBA

Hello all:

I recently created code that lists all open files in Excel (.xls or
otherwise) and then moves the ActiveSheet for each open file to after the
active sheet in the active workbook. In addition, all of my code is kept in
a separate workbook which is hidden and loads on startup of Excel (so I can
access the code on any other open workbook).

The move process works great unless a hidden workbook is loaded in Excel
(i.e. my code workbook). When the code encounters the hidden workbook it
halts after attempting the move and my code workbook is closed
automatically.

I need to identify which open workbooks are hidden so I can skip them in the
move. Lots of help exists regarding hidden worksheets but not workbooks and
the VBA object browser does list a hidden property of a workbook.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming