Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pathname reference

I am trying to use a reference cell in another workbook as part of my
pathname. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can use INDIRECT if both are open

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SB1979" wrote in message
I am trying to use a reference cell in another workbook as part of my
pathname. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don, thanks for reply.
So, can I use the DIRECT formula in the pathname? This is what I am trying
to do:
e.g.
='G:\Finance\Tax\7-1 Plan\P1

Change to

='G:\Finance\Tax\10-1 Plan\P1

so that '7-1 Plan' or '10-1 Plan' is the reference cell in another workbook.

Thanks!

SB