Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SAP BEX

Hi,
SAP BEX is installed within Excel using and xla.file. - I don't know if
the libraries are installed whr you install the SAP Logon GUI-
Of course, *.xla is pwd protected as it might contain information on
how to connect to the server.

Docummentation? Haven't seen any (at the beginning I searched for that
info too because I wanted better reports). If you are an end user,
you're not supposed to know anything about programming using SAP BEX
objects... I think that you can still reference to the libraries (over
30) but you'll have to navigate with the object browser to check for
properties, methods, etc.

Personally, I dislike BEX interface. But it's the only way you can
gather info from SAP.

Regards,
LC

Nigel wrote:
Has anyone come across using the SAP BEX, I know that you can attach the
Reference in Excel to the BEX library ? Is there any documentation or
particular issues in using it this way? What happens to the BEX Toolbar
and Addin?

--
Cheers
Nigel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi LC
Thanks for the reply. I am an end user and our IS group have none or little
help on interacting with the BEX within VBA. It appears that you could
achieve quite a lot at this level of interaction. I shall continue to
search.

--
Cheers
Nigel