Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping through a group of checkboxes

I'm trying to loop through a group of checkboxes, but i'm having trouble
figuring out how to go about it.

here is my current code:

Dim o As OLEObject
Dim iCCCount, iCCColumn As Integer
Dim iCGCount, iCGColumn As Integer
iCCCount = 1
iCCColumn = 1
iCGCount = 1
iCGColumn = 1
'MsgBox cgAdvertiser.Caption
Dim c As CheckBox
For Each o In Sheet1.OLEObjects
If TypeName(o.Object) = "CheckBox" Then
If c.GroupName = "CG" Then
iCGCount = iCGCount + 1
Next

so when it finds the type checkbox object i want to get the groupname.
however i get an error telling me that object var or with var is not set.

any help woulb be appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Maybe this will work

If o.GroupName = "CG" Then

"asdfasdf" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JMB:
yea sorry i have tried so manythings that i am mixing code

when i do o.GroupName...
I get object doesn't support this propery or method

"JMB" wrote in message
Maybe this will work

If o.GroupName = "CG" Then

"asdfasdf" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Try this.

If o.Object.GroupName = "CG" Then

"asdfasdf" wrote:

JMB:
yea sorry i have tried so manythings that i am mixing code

when i do o.GroupName...
I get object doesn't support this propery or method

"JMB" wrote in message
Maybe this will work

If o.GroupName = "CG" Then

"asdfasdf" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JMB ahhh awesome that worked!!! thanks a bunch!

"asdfasdf" wrote:

JMB:
yea sorry i have tried so manythings that i am mixing code

when i do o.GroupName...
I get object doesn't support this propery or method

"JMB" wrote in message
Maybe this will work

If o.GroupName = "CG" Then

"asdfasdf" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I might not explictly be able to group them, but i can at least give the
group of checkbox's a group name and check for that group name. if my
checkbox is in that group, then i can do stuff to that checkbox based upon
the group. i.e. put it in another sheet in a specific area.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
om...
A checkbox cannot be part of a group. If you check XL VBA help for
groupname you will find it only applies to an optionbutton.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I'm sorry, initially i was doing:
Set c = o

but i don't know how to cast the object to a checkbox object.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in

message
om...
Where are you initializing the variable 'c'?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

you're welcome.

"asdfasdf" wrote:

JMB:
yea sorry i have tried so manythings that i am mixing code

when i do o.GroupName...
I get object doesn't support this propery or method

"JMB" wrote in message
Maybe this will work

If o.GroupName = "CG" Then