Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keep the same center while zooming

How can you maintain the same center while using the Ctrl-mouse-wheel zoom
feature?

I have a Spread sheet that is a graphical map with hexagon shapes drawn and
locked to cells (via odd/even testing to know when to shift the shape down to
keep the cell and shape with a common center).

The map is fairly large so the normal zoom is set out to maximum (or would
that be the minimum setting) usually. When I zoom in... how can I set a
certain cell to remain at the center of the visible screen through out all
levels of zoom?

Having a cell selected and using the scroll_lock feature almost does what is
needed. But sometimes the selected cell will display on the edge of the
screen after a zoom-in.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seems to me that the old Excel4Macro has a function to read/set the distance
from the cell wall to the side of the display window??????

with zoom event you might be able to recalc and place the target cell very
close to center?