-   -   I need help limiting the "now()" syntax (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342161-i-need-help-limiting-now-syntax.html)

Callan

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

Hi. I need the "now()" syntax to only return the date, without the time stamp.
Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
--
Callan

John.Greenan

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

You should wrap up now() in a format call

ie format(now(),"dd/mm/yy")

returns 07/10/05 for the 7th October 2005 if you are running with English
date settings.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"Callan" wrote:

Hi. I need the "now()" syntax to only return the date, without the time stamp.
Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
--
Callan

Callan

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

Thanks. That did the trick.
Much Appreciated.
--
Callan

"Callan" wrote:

Hi. I need the "now()" syntax to only return the date, without the time stamp.
Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
--
Callan

Bob Umlas

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

Use =TODAY()
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Callan" wrote in message
Hi. I need the "now()" syntax to only return the date, without the time
stamp.
Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
--
Callan

Ron Rosenfeld

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 02:31:09 -0700, Callan
wrote:

Hi. I need the "now()" syntax to only return the date, without the time stamp.
Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

You could use:

=TODAY()

=INT(NOW())

--ron

Robb27

I need help limiting the "now()" syntax

You can format the cell where the formula is as...Time. - Kills the date and
shows only the time.